Friday, December 16, 2005

The Start of a Grand Adventure, or More Likely a Study in Slowness to Update

Yes, here it is. My very own weblog. I tried my best to stay above it all, out of the fray, away from the ultra-combustible hotheads that turn what was once intelligent debate into a quagmire of name-calling, not unlike what one would hear in a kindergarten sandbox. Or on cable.

I look forward to sharing my thoughts and analysis which people don't understand on subjects they don't care about. After all, that's why we read blogs, isn't it? We like to read a three-paragraph essay featuring college-honed analytical thinking and the insight of human experience and then respond to it by informing the author that he sucks.

What do I ask of my loyal reader(s), in exchange for providing them with unrequested opinions on uninteresting subject matter? Why, only civility and honesty, of course. The internet is no place for loud, obnoxious bullshit. That's what TV news is for. And so, here at the end of my third paragraph, I shall invite any and all to join the quest for greater knowledge of the world around us, and then sit back and listen to people tell me that I suck. Let us begin....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... you suck?

I knew you couldn't resist forever. Welcome to the bandwagon!

Mon Dec 05, 07:38:00 AM CST  
Blogger E Mac said...

Yay! You suck!

Mon Dec 05, 10:14:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You suck!

So, how does this affect the official-ness of The Official? Has it lost all officiality, or is it only slightly less so?

Tue Dec 13, 08:40:00 AM CST  
Blogger Ben of the Azure Sea said...

The Official is closed. Details to follow....

Fri Dec 16, 07:16:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home