Sunday, July 23, 2006

Windy II

On Wednesday night, it was raining everything but actual rain. I was driving from my house to a restaurant, and I got buzzed by the following: a utility pole power transformer, a live electrical wire, two traffic barrels, half of a Bradford pear tree, a street sign (not pictured, this is a reader photo from the Post-Dispatch from the same time), a mini-tornado of debris and what I think was a lid from an old washing machine. Somehow, my car emerged undamaged. Of course, our power was out for upwards of two days. I think Mother Nature may be off her medication.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, glad to hear you're okay.

Secondly, how was dinner?

Wed Jul 26, 12:40:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Ben of the Azure Sea said...

It wasn't.

The restaurant was without power and its walls were swaying in the wind by the time I arrived, so I led a car train through an obstacle course back to my house. We dodged trees, stop signs, traffic barrels and all sorts of other things.

I warmed up a can of vegetable soup just before our own power went out. I suppose it was just as well.

Wed Jul 26, 05:21:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home