Thursday, September 20, 2007

People I Know. Or Sorta Know. Or Met. Once. In Passing.

1. Dan Meth

When I was in college, which is starting to seem like so long ago, I worked on a student-produced television program. One of the first people we invited onto this program as a guest produced a comic strip for the student paper, a sophomore by the name of Dan Meth. Dan had some serious (if undeveloped) artistic talent and a sharp wit, and I thought that one day he would be famous.

Or, at least I would have, had I possessed any foresight. For now, Dan is on the edge of fame, the point where any of us who knew him in the Beforetime start to feel that sense of pride that can only come from meeting somebody in passing who later becomes famous. It's an indescribable feeling.

Why, you may ask, is this Dan Meth on the verge of fame? Why, for the same reason anybody else in the 21st century becomes famous: He's gotten a lot of hits on YouTube. Or rather, his animated tribute to other people who became famous thanks to YouTube has gotten a lot of hits on YouTube. He works for Frederator animation studios, the good people who gave us such awesome shows as The Fairly Oddparents and My Life as a Teenage Robot.

Here is Dan's most recent work. I know Dan Meth. Sorta. Or I met him. Once. In passing.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home